ECLIPSE -- no display of line's number in the exception's stacktrace !!!!!

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sebastien, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. Sebastien

    Sebastien Guest

    hi,

    when i try to run my application : i have an exception !!
    it is not the exception the problem but in the exception's stacktrace,
    the numbers of line are not display for my own sources : "Unknown Source"
    and i don't understand, it is not a .jar :

    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: myTest.protocol.mapping.MessageMappingConfigHelper
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:183)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:288)
    at myTest.utils.InstanciationHelper.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at myTest.utils.InstanciationHelper.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at myTest.config.ConfigManager.preload(Unknown Source)
    at myTest.ControlBoard.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at myTest.MainClass.start(Unknown Source)
    at myTest.MainClass.main(Unknown Source)

    can you help me please ??
    Thank you
    Sébastien

    Sebastien, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Sebastien

    Roland Guest

    Re: ECLIPSE -- no display of line's number in the exception's stacktrace!!!!!

    On 31-3-2005 16:56, Sebastien wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > when i try to run my application : i have an exception !!
    > it is not the exception the problem but in the exception's stacktrace,
    > the numbers of line are not display for my own sources : "Unknown Source"
    > and i don't understand, it is not a .jar :
    >
    > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: myTest.protocol.mapping.MessageMappingConfigHelper
    > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:183)
    > at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:288)
    > at myTest.utils.InstanciationHelper.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.utils.InstanciationHelper.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.config.ConfigManager.preload(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.ControlBoard.<init>(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.MainClass.start(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.MainClass.main(Unknown Source)
    >
    > can you help me please ??
    > Thank you
    > Sébastien

    In Eclipse 3.0.1, open Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Compiler ->
    Compliance and Classfiles, and check the checkboxes in the 'Classfile
    Generation' section.

    These settings can be set per project, so also verify the same settings
    in the project properties (menu Project -> Properties -> Java Compiler
    -> Compliance and Classfiles).
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Mar 31, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    (Sebastien) wrote:

    > hi,
    >
    > when i try to run my application : i have an exception !!
    > it is not the exception the problem but in the exception's stacktrace,
    > the numbers of line are not display for my own sources : "Unknown Source"
    > and i don't understand, it is not a .jar :
    >
    > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
    > myTest.protocol.mapping.MessageMappingConfigHelper
    > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:183)
    > at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:288)
    > at myTest.utils.InstanciationHelper.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.utils.InstanciationHelper.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.config.ConfigManager.preload(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.ControlBoard.<init>(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.MainClass.start(Unknown Source)
    > at myTest.MainClass.main(Unknown Source)
    >
    > can you help me please ??
    > Thank you
    > Sébastien

    It looks like compilation with debug symbols is turned off.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Sebastien

    chinnaswamyg

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hi sebastien,
    I started using Eclipse 3.2 for my application. I too face the problem of not getting the line numbers while generating stakeTrace. How to turn on the option for compilation with debug symbols?

    All my settings in Windows >Preference > java > compiler > Classfile Generation for line number generation have been selected.

    I appreciate your help in the regard.

    Advance thanks.

    Chinnaswamy

    chinnaswamyg, Sep 28, 2006