Eclipse "Project > Open" Menu Disabled

Larry Hannay

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place to ask an Eclipse question or not.
I've seen a few of them so I will give it a shot. If anyone knows of a
better place to ask Eclipse questions, please let me know.

Anyway, a simple but absolutely infuriating problem (i.e. I have spent
hours trying to figure this out):

I have had a project called MyCDs for weeks. Its workspace was at
c:\MyCDs. Fine. Then I wanted to create a few simple XML files that had
nothing to do with the MyCDs project. So I closed MyCDs and did a "File
New > Project". I used the default workspace. I have no idea what has
happened, but my "Project > Open Project" and "Project > Close Project"
menus are now always disabled. Not only that, but no projects (and their
associated files) are visible.

All I did was close a project and create a new one. Now I can't open any
projects! ARRRGGHHH!!! Like I said, this is infuriating! Can someone
please help me?

Thanks,
Larry

Thomas G. Marshall

Larry Hannay StupidTuesday" < coughed up:
Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place to ask an Eclipse question or
not. I've seen a few of them so I will give it a shot. If anyone
knows of a better place to ask Eclipse questions, please let me know.

Yes. Using their NNTP server only. Go to eclipse.org to find out how to
hook into their newsgroups. The newsgroup you want is probably:

eclipse.tools.jdt

It's a shame that their ng's do not propagate over to usenet, where they
should probably be anyway.

Larry Hannay

Thanks a bunch, Thomas.

-- Larry