Eclipse/PyDev - BOM Lexical Error

Fabio Zadrozny

Hi.

I installed eclipse/pydev today.
I created a pydev project and added python source files with utf-8
BOM.
Eclipse/Pydev reports lexical error :
 Lexical error at line 1, column 1. Encountered: "\ufeff" (65279),
after : ""

I want the source files to have BOM character. How could I shut off
this error msg?

My eclipse is Helios, pydev version is 1.6.2.2010090812

Hi Daewon,

This was a bug in Pydev. It has been fixed (for 1.6.4). This is still
unreleased, but you can grab the nightly build with that fix already
incorporated (it should be pretty stable at this point).

See http://pydev.org/download.html for details on getting the nightly.

Cheers,

Fabio