    Is there any more work being done on this - I scoured the ECMA site
    but there appears to be no work being done on it.
    Or is it just my searching technique...
    Tom, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Martin Honnen wrote:

    > Tom wrote:
    >> Is there any more work being done on this - I scoured the ECMA site
    >> but there appears to be no work being done on it.

    > I can't tell for sure, you would need to ask a member of the ECMA
    > working group, but clearly I see two things preventing progress, one
    > being that AOL gave up on Netscape meaning that probably those working
    > at Netscape on ECMAScript edition 4 and JavaScript 2.0 were fired, and
    > the other being that MS went ahead and developed and implemented
    > JScript.NET without there being a standard so taking those two together
    > there might be no people left at Netscape and MS working on a standard.

    However, there is still a chance that mozilla.org people will/can push the
    issue as the Mozilla Organization has recently become an ECMA member after
    Netscape (had to?) quit. There should be a bug in Bugzilla to vote for,
    if there is not, a new bug could be filed against this issue.

    PointedEars
    --
    "From Article in Open Sources;
    Future of Cygnus Soln-Michael Tiemann;
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Sep 17, 2004

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I've sent a request to ECMA for some clarification. I'll let you know what happens.
    I'll also see if I can find out from mozilla if theres anything going on there.
    Tom
    Tom, Oct 15, 2004