edit button on formview

Guest

I'm working through an example of a formview cortrol. I have bound the
control to edit, update, insert, delete stored procs. I have a grid view with
a button on it that sets the formview to a recod. It displays fine, except
that there is no EDIT button? What could i have done wrong? Also how can you
set the current mode to edit? I tried setting the default mode to edit, even
but i still get view only. What's going on here?

Brock Allen

A FormView requires you to define the entire template, including the button
to change the FormView into Edit mode. What you will need to do is put a
<asp:Button> or a <asp:LinkButton> with a well known CommandName property.
The well known names are "Edit", "Update", "Insert", "Delete", and "Cancel".

Guest

Thank you,
I should have posted that i found my own answer, but i'm sure soneone else
will get benifit from your answer. Your posts have been a help to my in the
past so i'd like to say thank's for all those and the ones i'll be seeing in
the future!