Edit, Update, Cancel

Zamdrist

I have a datagrid that shows approximately 1000 rows of data.

I haven't used paging yet, but I may need to yet.

When you click on Edit to subsequently Update or Cancel, the page
'reloads' and brings you back to the top of the page. So, if you were
trying to edit something half way down the grid, you would then have to
scroll back down to the row you wanted to edit.

Is there a way to mitigate this behavior at all, it's like a postback
or something.

Is my only option to implement paging?

Thanks

Peter Johnson

For this much data I would recommend that you implement paging.

However as a short term fix until you get time to implement paging try
turning on Smart Navigation.

Please note some code has issues with smart navigation so test your
page again fully after enabling it. This should ensure that the page
when it postsback it will automatically scroll back to where the user
was.

Regards,

Pete