Editing HTML table bounded to recordset

Ux

ServerSide: PHP+MySql
ClientSide: JS (IE5+, Moz1.7)

I need to edit an HTML table that contains records from a table in
MySQL. A MsAccess datagrid or similar behaviour should be the best, but
it's not strictly requested by users.

It is my first datagrid editing in HTML+JS so I need to plan a common
implementation strategy for all datagrids in my app.

Samples, links, tutorials, ideas, thoughts ... everything is wellcome.

TIA
Marco
still learning english :)