    a way to name the form fields. Is there a way to mantain a source
    document, for example in Word and automatically get the needed pdf
    without having to go to acrobat each time to name each field again?

    Mike De Petris, Mar 28, 2007

  2. Mike De Petris

    chicks Guest

    On Mar 28, 3:25 am, "Mike De Petris" <> wrote:
    > I am using itextsharp to fill in and flatten some fields from data
    > filled in a web form field and all works quite well.
    >
    > The question now is how to manage the pdf template that has the fields
    > to be filled, changing it in acrobat is slow and difficult as there
    > are no word processing tools. I tryed Foxit PDF Editor but cannot find
    > a way to name the form fields. Is there a way to mantain a source
    > document, for example in Word and automatically get the needed pdf
    > without having to go to acrobat each time to name each field again?

    NitroPDF is a good option.

    Scribus is free, and I understand quite good.

    I generally use FormMax for PDF templates, as it's very fast and easy,
    and I've had it installed for free. Not specifically for PDF, but can
    export to PDF, including form fields: http://www.acrosoftware.com/products/formmax/default.asp

    chicks, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Mike De Petris

    chicks Guest

    Oops, meant to say "I've had it installed for years"...

    chicks, Mar 28, 2007
  4. Mike,

    PDF-XChange Standard or PRO versions allow you to create PDF forms from
    Office Web Forms fields in a Word document.

    http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/

    You can download an evaluation version form here :
    http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

    So if you create the Word form first - then convert to PDF using the Addin
    option to convert form fields - you can maintain the form in Word and just
    create a new modified version as and when required from your original Word
    document.

    However there is no way to edit existing forms at this time.

    With regards our PDF Viewer - Forms support is due in about 7-10 days
    (including JavaScript) and this week build 114 adds full text search to the
    existing feature set.

    HTH

    --
    Best Regards

    John Verbeeten
    Tracker Software Products
    PDF-XChange & SDK, PDF-XChange Viewer;
    PDF-Tools & SDK, Image-XChange SDK,
    TIFF-XChange & SDK, Raster-XChange.
    Email :
    Support: http://www.docu-track.com/forum/index.php
    Web site : http://www.docu-track.com

    John V-Tracker, Mar 28, 2007
  5. On Mar 28, 7:06 pm, "John V-Tracker" <> wrote:
    > You can download an evaluation version form here :http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

    I now have a better picture, after trying out Foxit editor and reader.

    Our specific problem is a bit hard to manage, as we are filling the
    pdf fields that Foxit PDF Reader calls "annotation". We fill them with
    text by code using iTextSharp library, and then "flatten" (and
    encrypt) the pdf document before sending to the user.

    This means there is no easy way to edit both the pdf text (and images)
    together with the empty "annotation" fields. I guess we sould instead
    use a 3rd party product to manage the document in word and export it
    to pdf (with empty annotations) after editing, but I am still looking
    for a solution, as nothing seems to let me edit the pdf directly with
    a bit of basic word-processing features.

    Actually we have to edit the word document, export to PDF and then
    recreate all annotations again in acrobat writer, that is at least
    unpractical.

    Thank you for your precious help.

    Mike De Petris, Mar 29, 2007