    swing applet in my web browser without getting the old
    "AccessControlException" Java exception!! I would be grateful to anyone
    who can help me.
    Steve Burrus, May 17, 2004

  2. Steve Burrus

    Dave Miller Guest

    In article <fr9qc.772$>, burrus1
    @swbell.net says...
    > I have been told not to be trying to edit the java policy file
    > until/unless I could develop more profiency in the Java Programming
    > language than what I had "under my belt" a the time! Well, that was a
    > few years back, I am much more confident in my Java skills now, so I
    > would like to know how to edit this file, mainly to be able to see a
    > swing applet in my web browser without getting the old
    > "AccessControlException" Java exception!! I would be grateful to anyone
    > who can help me.

    Use policytool. Information here:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/policytool.html
    --
    Dave Miller
    FundablePlans - Create a custom business plan online - only $39.95
    Dave Miller, May 18, 2004

  3. Steve Burrus

    Steve Burrus Guest

    Dave Miller wrote:
    > Use policytool. Information here:
    > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/policytool.html

    Yes Dave, I have certainly tried to used that Java policy tool before,
    but I don't personally know how the experience of using that tool has
    been for you, but for me it's been a little bit less than intuitive to
    use!!! Can you please give me some quick tips on how it should be used
    to get everything in a swing applet to be executed in the browser??!!
    Steve Burrus, May 18, 2004
  4. Steve Burrus

    Steve Burrus Guest

    Dave Miller wrote:
    > Use policytool. Information here:
    > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/policytool.html

    Dave, I don't know if you have possibly forgotten about my particular
    thread in the "comp.lang.java.programmer" newsgroup now or not, but I am
    still awaiting an answer from you re. just how do I use the Java policy
    tool in an effective way!!!
    Steve Burrus, May 18, 2004
  5. Steve Burrus

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 20:44:36 GMT, Steve Burrus <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Dave, I don't know if you have possibly forgotten about my particular
    >thread in the "comp.lang.java.programmer" newsgroup now or not, but I am
    >still awaiting an answer from you re. just how do I use the Java policy
    >tool in an effective way!!!

    Read http://mindprod.com/jgloss/policyfile.html
    and http://mindprod.com/jgloss/policytool.html

    Then generate some test policy files, not the real one, and look at
    the code you generate. Experiment and read till you understand what
    it does. Then you can try building your real policy file.

    Maybe someone could set a little net business or an amanuensis to
    generate policy files for people.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, May 19, 2004