EJB 3.0 vs Hibernate

Johnson Scaria John

Any one can compare EJB 3.0 and Hibernate ?
Which is more good and powerful ?

EricF

Hibernate is an implementation of EJB 3.0 persistence.

Among other things.

EJB per se has many features not related to persistence.

Why not read up on these concepts from the source, i.e., Sun's and Hibernate's
online docs? That should give you a clear picture of the overlaps and
differences.
Lew gave good advice here, but I would add that while Hibernate implements EJB
3.0 persistence as noted, it is an ORM and also provides it's own API -
different than the EJB 3.0 spec.

Eric

mike.mainguy

Lew gave good advice here, but I would add that while Hibernate implements EJB
3.0 persistence as noted, it is an ORM and also provides it's own API -
different than the EJB 3.0 spec.

Eric

Put a different way, hibernate is more expressive and a superset of
the EJB3.0 spec so that would imply it is more "powerful".