EJB deployment problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lee, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    I am trying to deploy my first EJBs to Apache Tomcat 5.0 on Win2000. The
    problem I have is an exception occurs in the deployment tool when I try to
    generate the SQL for the beans which use CMP. I am using a mysql database
    and I supply the database JNDI name (jdbc/InfoDb), user and password in the
    database settings dialog. When I try to generate the SQL I get a
    java.rmi.ServerException. The nested exceptions ultimately lead to:
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:532)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
    at
    com.sun.enterprise.resource.JdbcUrlAllocator.createResource(JdbcUrlAllocator
    ..java:45)
    ... 12 more

    The j2ee server.log file (and also the launcher.server.log) shows the name
    bound to the database url.
    I have used j2eeadmin to add the mysql jdbc driver class name
    (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver) to the server config.
    I have put the path to the mysql connector jar in the user.properties file
    in the j2sdkee1.4/bin directory. I also put it in launcher.xml in the
    base.class.path element.
    I don't know what to do.
    Lee.

    Lee, Jul 16, 2003