Email Blasts to registered members on a site

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by tanya, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. tanya

    tanya Guest

    HI,

    I am trying to send out email blasts to over 6000 users of a website
    (Not Spam)
    However when I try it with the following script, it crashes at times
    and sends it through at times. I need a more reliable way of sending
    out emails to a large number and this is the mail feature of the
    website. There will be users trying to send out mails at the same time.
    Please help

    do while not rs.eof

    user_name=rs("member_fname")
    PeerMailBody=""
    PeerMailBody= AddPageHeader
    PeerMailBody= PeerMailBody & AddPageMatter
    PeerMailBody = PeerMailBody & AddPageFooter
    call SendMailToMembers(trim(rs("Member_Email") & ""),
    "", "Peer Inquiry", PeerMailBody)

    rs.movenext

    loop

    Right now it directly executes a CDOSYS script.
    tanya, Jun 6, 2005

  2. tanya

    Cactus Corp. Guest

    > However when I try it with the following script, it crashes at times
    > and sends it through at times

    Hi there,

    What do you mean by 'crashes at times' ? Any error messages ?
    Cactus Corp., Jun 6, 2005