email hyperlink on ASP page

Paul Proefrock

I am generating an asp page with information on our organizations annual
calendar. One of the items presented is the contacts email address. It does
appear as a hyperlink but when you click on it, it generates an error page
that says "This Action is not allowed"

How do I get it to generate the Mailto: link and open email editor. I am
using FrontPage2003 to do all this

Any ideas?

thanks

Paul

MyndPhlyp

Paul Proefrock said:
I am generating an asp page with information on our organizations annual
calendar. One of the items presented is the contacts email address. It does
appear as a hyperlink but when you click on it, it generates an error page
that says "This Action is not allowed"

How do I get it to generate the Mailto: link and open email editor. I am
using FrontPage2003 to do all this

Any ideas?

The HTML for an anchor with a mailto URL is:

It is interpreted entirely at the client. The client settings may be such
that the action is prohibited but it is unlikely in most situations. I
suspect you have a simple HTML syntax error somewhere on your page. You can
use the HTML Validator utility at W3.org to track down invalid code:

HTML Validator at W3.org:
http://validator.w3.org/

See also:

Reference from W3.org: