Embed a map free on an intranet - can it be done?

Edward

A cheapskate writes.

My client has asked me to develop an intranet application, part of
which will involve providing a map of a given location.

I've taken a look at Google Maps and their API looks reasonable for
this, but they require a subscription to their paying service for
intranets.

Does anyone know of a free mapping service for intranets?

Thanks

Edward

Guest

A cheapskate writes.

My client has asked me to develop an intranet application, part of
which will involve providing a map of a given location.

I've taken a look at Google Maps and their API looks reasonable for
this, but they require a subscription to their paying service for
intranets.

Does anyone know of a free mapping service for intranets?

Thanks

Edward

from my understanding you can't use Maps API on intranet for free but
you can use embedded map in iframe that google provides when you clink
on "Link" on the top right corner of map. Maybe this would be enough
for you