embed PDF in page

let

If I want to embed a multi page TIFF file in a webpage I use;

<embed src="../images/engtc.tiff" width="638" height="1076">

Now I want to embed a PDF file in a webpage. Do I similarly use an
<embed> tag for this? What sort of syntax is there, is it similar to
that for multipage TIFF files?

Jonathan N. Little

If I want to embed a multi page TIFF file in a webpage I use;

<embed src="../images/engtc.tiff" width="638" height="1076">

Now I want to embed a PDF file in a webpage. Do I similarly use an
<embed> tag for this? What sort of syntax is there, is it similar to
that for multipage TIFF files?

Firstly, TIFF is really not an "Internet-supported" file type.
Secondly, should use OBJECT not EMBED...

<object data="../images/engtc.tiff" type="image/tiff" width="638"
height="1076">
<!-- Alternately will display link if not supported -->
</object>

I would not embed a PDF but supply a link, but anyway...

<object data="your.pdf" type=type="application/pdf">
</object>