Embedding a "frame" into a movie using python

J

J

Hi there,

I'm currently experimenting with python by putting together a little webapp running on appengine.

My objective is to have the user put together some images html and embed the image as a frame into a video file (any embeddable format e.g. swf). So there are three steps:

(1) Convert the html to a "frame"
(2) Insert the frame into the existing movie
(3) save the new movie with the frame

For example, I have a film of a sunrise. I want to embed a "frame" which has a little poem about sunrises into the film much like windows movie maker and other such programs allow you to do.

Is there a way I can do this with python?

Cheers,
J

C

Chris Angelico

My objective is to have the user put together some images html and embed the image as a frame into a video file (any embeddable format e.g. swf). So there are three steps:

SWF isn't the easiest format to work with; it's not necessarily a
video, but might be a scripted object. Try working with real video
formats such as avi, mpg, or ogv.

You may wish to look into PiTiVi, an open source video editor; it's
written in Python. I'm not sure if you can achieve what you want by
simply driving PiTiVi externally, but at very least, it's worth a
peek.

ChrisA

J

J

My objective is to have the user put together some images html and embedthe image as a frame into a video file (any embeddable format e.g. swf).
peek.

Hi Chris,

thank you for your response. I am format agnostic for processing so am happy to work with avi etc., however in displaying the final film to the user Ithink I'd need to convert whatever I've made to swf to make it a little less downloadable. I'll check out PiTiVi - perhaps I can hack it to work on the back of appengine...

Cheers,
J

J

J

My objective is to have the user put together some images html and embedthe image as a frame into a video file (any embeddable format e.g. swf).
peek.

Hi Chris,

thank you for your response. I am format agnostic for processing so am happy to work with avi etc., however in displaying the final film to the user Ithink I'd need to convert whatever I've made to swf to make it a little less downloadable. I'll check out PiTiVi - perhaps I can hack it to work on the back of appengine...

Cheers,
J

C

Chris Angelico

thank you for your response. I am format agnostic for processing so am happy to work with avi etc., however in displaying the final film to the userI think I'd need to convert whatever I've made to swf to make it a little less downloadable. I'll check out PiTiVi - perhaps I can hack it to work onthe back of appengine...

SWF is just as downloadable as any other format. I recommend doing the
fewest translations you can get away with, to avoid unnecessary loss
of quality.

ChrisA

Ask a Question