Embedding Shockwave with Visual Studio

Darren

Hi Groups,

Simple Task: Embed flash/shockwave swf into an aspx page.

Problem: Visual Studio does not recognize attributes: pluginspage,
quality, or type.

Generates msg: Could not find any attribute 'pluginspage' of element
'embed'.

Is there a workaround for this? Perhaps I am missing something?

Src:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0"
width="640" height="480" VIEWASTEXT>
<param name="movie"
value="http://www.thegeekshow.com/wes/geekopen2.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="geekopen2.swf" quality="high"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480"></embed>
</object>

Thanks in advance,

Darren

Kevin Spencer

I feel like I must be the one missing something. A SWF is not embedded in an
ASPX page. It is a tag in the HTML text of an ASPX page. Visual Studio
doesn't have to know what it is, or interact with it in any way. On the
server side, it's just text.

We have used SWFs as GUIs for ASP.Net apps with great success.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer