    will encrypt the POSTed data automatically - or do I have to do more?

    Regards

    Markus
    Markus Stehle, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Yes, SSL will encrypt the posted data automatically, so this is probably
    your best option.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD

    "Markus Stehle" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all!
    >
    > I need to POST data from one of my asp.net pages to an external CGI

    script.

    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Ok, thanks for your reply. And this will also work when using the .net
    WebRequest class to create a new web request for
    https://externaldomain.com/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi, won't it?

    If SSL is not supported, which alternatives could I use?

    Thanks

    Markus

    Thomas Stehle, Jul 6, 2003