    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String
    connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter
    [] commandParameters) +54

    Nithi Gurusamy, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Nithi Gurusamy

    Jason Brown Guest

    try here:

    Jason Brown
    Microsoft GTSC, IIS

    "Nithi Gurusamy" <> wrote in message
    news:#...
    > I am facing this error after making changes to client configuration

    utility
    > of SQL Server 2000:

    > Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Encryption not
    > supported on SQL Server.
    >
    > [SqlException: Encryption not supported on SQL Server.]
    > System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean&
    > isInTransaction) +484

    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnec

    Jason Brown, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Hi Jason:

    Thanks for the reply. I rolled back all the changes I made using SQL Server
    Client Network Utility. I used this program for configuring a remote SQL
    server as per the steps of WebMatrixHosting.com who provides .NET
    environment for my test application. I rolled back all changes and still it
    came back with the same problem. Actually my web application is not at all
    using the remote database. It is using the SQL2000 database in the local
    machine itself.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Nithi Gurusamy

    Nithi Gurusamy, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Nithi Gurusamy

    Jason Brown Guest

    SO you're saying you followed the steps outlined in the article and still
    the same issue?

    --

    > Hi Jason:
    >
    > Thanks for the reply. I rolled back all the changes I made using SQL

    Server
    > Client Network Utility. I used this program for configuring a remote SQL
    > server as per the steps of WebMatrixHosting.com who provides .NET
    > environment for my test application. I rolled back all changes and still

    it
    > came back with the same problem. Actually my web application is not at all
    > using the remote database. It is using the SQL2000 database in the local
    > machine itself.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nithi Gurusamy
    >
    > "Jason Brown" <> wrote in message
    > > try here:
    > >
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318605
    > >

    > > --
    > > Jason Brown
    > > Microsoft GTSC, IIS
    > >
    > > This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no

    rights.

    > > "Nithi Gurusamy" <> wrote in message
    > > > I am facing this error after making changes to client configuration

    > > utility
    > > > of SQL Server 2000:

    the

    Jason Brown, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Nithi Gurusamy

    Nick Malik Guest

    Hi Nithi,

    The article explains that if your client is set up to use the Force Protocol
    Encryption option with any SQL Server, it must use it with All SQL Servers.
    If WebMatrixHosting provides a SQL Server where this option is on, your
    client will have to use it.

    I guess I don't understand how your situation is different from that
    described in the KB article. Please tell me what the environment looks
    like.

    --- Nick

    > Hi Jason:
    >
    > Thanks for the reply. I rolled back all the changes I made using SQL

    Server
    > Client Network Utility. I used this program for configuring a remote SQL
    > server as per the steps of WebMatrixHosting.com who provides .NET
    > environment for my test application. I rolled back all changes and still

    it
    > came back with the same problem. Actually my web application is not at all
    > using the remote database. It is using the SQL2000 database in the local
    > machine itself.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nithi Gurusamy
    >
    > "Jason Brown" <> wrote in message
    > > try here:
    > >
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318605
    > >

    > > --
    > > Jason Brown
    > > Microsoft GTSC, IIS
    > >
    > > This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no

    rights.

    > > "Nithi Gurusamy" <> wrote in message
    > > > I am facing this error after making changes to client configuration

    > > utility
    > > > of SQL Server 2000:

    the

    Nick Malik, Sep 9, 2004