    Open source type tool like Open Office or something similar?

    thank you.

    -Alex

    Alex, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Alex

    M.E. Post Guest

    "Alex" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I need an Epic Editor substitute. I tried XML Spy and it does not
    > meet my needs. I can't afford Epic Editor multi-user license at the
    > moment and I need to render a proof-of-concept for a management team.
    >
    > I'm looking for something with Word-like functionality where I can
    > dump a bunch of text, highlight a paragraph and apply the DTD's tag.
    >
    > Right now I'm at Notepad. I need something better. Is there some
    > Open source type tool like Open Office or something similar?
    >

    > thank you.
    >
    > -Alex

    Try jEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) with the XML plugin

    Some of jEdit's features include:
    a.. Written in Java, so it runs on MacOS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
    b.. Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Dozens of
    macros and plugins available.
    c.. Plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the
    "plugin manager" feature.
    d.. Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 80 languages.
    e.. Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and
    Unicode.
    f.. Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
    g.. Word wrap.
    h.. Highly configurable and customizable.
    i.. Every other feature, both basic and advanced, you would expect to find
    in a text editor. See the Features page for a full list.
    quote: " The XML plugin provides features for editing XML and HTML files,
    such as validation against a DTD, display of the element tree in a dockable
    window, and tag and entity completion. "

    hth

    Meint

    M.E. Post, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Alex

    Rob Tweed Guest

    Does it have WebDAV support?

    Rob

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:39:50 +0100, "M.E. Post"
    <meint.post@[remove]bigfoot.com> wrote:

    >"Alex" <> wrote in message
    >> I need an Epic Editor substitute. I tried XML Spy and it does not
    >> meet my needs. I can't afford Epic Editor multi-user license at the
    >> moment and I need to render a proof-of-concept for a management team.
    >>
    >> I'm looking for something with Word-like functionality where I can
    >> dump a bunch of text, highlight a paragraph and apply the DTD's tag.
    >>
    >> Right now I'm at Notepad. I need something better. Is there some
    >> Open source type tool like Open Office or something similar?
    >>

    >> thank you.
    >>
    >> -Alex

    >Try jEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) with the XML plugin
    >
    >Some of jEdit's features include:
    > a.. Written in Java, so it runs on MacOS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
    > b.. Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Dozens of
    >macros and plugins available.
    > c.. Plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the
    >"plugin manager" feature.
    > d.. Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 80 languages.
    > e.. Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and
    >Unicode.
    > f.. Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
    > g.. Word wrap.
    > h.. Highly configurable and customizable.
    > i.. Every other feature, both basic and advanced, you would expect to find
    >in a text editor. See the Features page for a full list.
    >quote: " The XML plugin provides features for editing XML and HTML files,
    >such as validation against a DTD, display of the element tree in a dockable
    >window, and tag and entity completion. "
    >
    >hth
    >
    >Meint

    ---
    Rob Tweed