Epic Editor substitute?

Alex

I need an Epic Editor substitute. I tried XML Spy and it does not
meet my needs. I can't afford Epic Editor multi-user license at the
moment and I need to render a proof-of-concept for a management team.

I'm looking for something with Word-like functionality where I can
dump a bunch of text, highlight a paragraph and apply the DTD's tag.

Right now I'm at Notepad. I need something better. Is there some
Open source type tool like Open Office or something similar?

thank you.

-Alex

M.E. Post

Alex said:
I need an Epic Editor substitute. I tried XML Spy and it does not
meet my needs. I can't afford Epic Editor multi-user license at the
moment and I need to render a proof-of-concept for a management team.

I'm looking for something with Word-like functionality where I can
dump a bunch of text, highlight a paragraph and apply the DTD's tag.

Right now I'm at Notepad. I need something better. Is there some
Open source type tool like Open Office or something similar?

thank you.

-Alex

Try jEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) with the XML plugin

Some of jEdit's features include:
a.. Written in Java, so it runs on MacOS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
b.. Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Dozens of
macros and plugins available.
c.. Plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the
"plugin manager" feature.
d.. Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 80 languages.
e.. Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and
Unicode.
f.. Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
g.. Word wrap.
h.. Highly configurable and customizable.
i.. Every other feature, both basic and advanced, you would expect to find
in a text editor. See the Features page for a full list.
quote: " The XML plugin provides features for editing XML and HTML files,
such as validation against a DTD, display of the element tree in a dockable
window, and tag and entity completion. "

hth

Meint

Rob Tweed

Does it have WebDAV support?

[...]