equivalent c data types for vc++ data types

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by ramu, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. ramu

    ramu Guest

    Hi

    I have to call a vc++ function in a c program.
    suppose i have a function

    dword fun(dword arg1, bstr arg2); in vc++.

    I have to call this function in c. But I don't have dword datatype in
    c. So when i call this function in c, i have to convert all the data
    tpyes of vc++ into c data types. Or I must have equivalent data types
    in c.
    And then i have to replace those equivalent datatypes in the function
    and then I must execute the function in c.

    One more thing am using linux to run c program and windows for Vc++.

    Can anyone give me an idea how to achieve this?

    Thanks in Advance

    ramu, Feb 20, 2006

  2. Re: equivalent c data types for vc++ data types

    ramu wrote:

    > I have to call a vc++ function in a c program.
    > suppose i have a function
    >
    > dword fun(dword arg1, bstr arg2); in vc++.
    >
    > I have to call this function in c. But I don't have dword datatype in
    > c. So when i call this function in c, i have to convert all the data
    > tpyes of vc++ into c data types. Or I must have equivalent data types
    > in c.
    > And then i have to replace those equivalent datatypes in the function
    > and then I must execute the function in c.
    >
    > One more thing am using linux to run c program and windows for Vc++.
    >
    > Can anyone give me an idea how to achieve this?

    strictly this is off topic to this newsgroup. You need to ask on a
    microsoft
    specific group.

    But I'm a little confused. How are you calling windows specific
    functions
    without including MS specific headers (eg. windows.h). If the headers
    are
    present then the MS datatypes should be.

    --
    Nick Keighley

    Nick Keighley, Feb 20, 2006

  3. ramu

    rlblaster Guest

    ramu wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have to call a vc++ function in a c program.
    > suppose i have a function
    >
    > dword fun(dword arg1, bstr arg2); in vc++.
    >
    > I have to call this function in c. But I don't have dword datatype in
    > c. So when i call this function in c, i have to convert all the data
    > tpyes of vc++ into c data types. Or I must have equivalent data types
    > in c.
    > And then i have to replace those equivalent datatypes in the function
    > and then I must execute the function in c.
    >
    > One more thing am using linux to run c program and windows for Vc++.
    >
    > Can anyone give me an idea how to achieve this?
    >

    > Thanks in Advance

    The dword should be written as DWORD, and windows.h should be also
    included. If it isn't so, then you should typedef it for yourself (
    DWORD is unsigned long ).

    rlblaster, Feb 20, 2006