    types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
    equivalent data types?

    Thanks in Advance,

    ramu, Feb 20, 2006

  2. ramu

    JetSnaiL Guest

    Re: linux compatible c datatypes for vc++ data types on wind

    > ramuwrote
    Hi
    > I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. S
    > when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes
    > Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to conver

    th
    > vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent dat
    > types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about th
    > equivalent data types
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

    I wonder, how you are going to call VC++ specific functions on Linux

    JetSnaiL, Feb 20, 2006

  3. ramu

    Ian Collins Guest

    ramu wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
    > when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
    > Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert the
    > vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
    > types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
    > equivalent data types?

    What data types? classes? typedefs? Just find the definitions of those
    you want and recreate them.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Feb 20, 2006
  4. ramu

    ramu Guest

    JetSnaiL wrote:

    > > ramuwrote:

    > Hi,
    > > I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
    > > when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
    > > Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert

    > the
    > > vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
    > > types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
    > > equivalent data types?
    > >
    > > Thanks in Advance,
    >> I wonder, how you are going to call VC++ specific functions on Linux?

    The function are user defined. I will be having function definitions in
    library.

    ramu, Feb 20, 2006
  5. ramu

    ramu Guest

    Ian Collins wrote:

    > ramu wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
    > > when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
    > > Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert the
    > > vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
    > > types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
    > > equivalent data types?
    > >
    >> What data types? classes? typedefs? Just find the definitions of those
    > >you want and recreate them.

    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    >> What data types? classes? typedefs? Just find the definitions of those
    > >you want and recreate them

    Basic data type like dword, BSTR etc. which i don't have in c and also
    classes and typedefs. How to convert these basic data types into c
    equivalent also the classes?

    Regards

    ramu, Feb 20, 2006
  6. ramu

    Dervish Guest

    As I understand you have some C++ code written on Windows in VC++ and
    some code written in C on Linux. The question is - are you going to
    compile VC++ code on Linux, OR somehow use already compiled Windows
    VC++ code (e.g. using CORBA or some other middleware)?

    Dervish, Feb 20, 2006
  7. ramu

    ramu Guest

    Dervish wrote:
    > As I understand you have some C++ code written on Windows in VC++ and
    > some code written in C on Linux. The question is - are you going to
    > compile VC++ code on Linux, OR somehow use already compiled Windows
    > VC++ code (e.g. using CORBA or some other middleware)?

    yeah. you are right. iI have written some code in C on linux. And I
    want to compile VC++ code on linux. Is there any way doing it? If so,
    how can I bring the linux compatibility for vc++ data types?

    regards

    ramu, Feb 21, 2006
  8. ramu

    Dervish Guest

    Than you should google for something like "porting win32 applications
    to linux".

    Dervish, Feb 21, 2006
  9. ramu

    Ben Pope Guest

    ramu wrote:
    > Dervish wrote:
    >> As I understand you have some C++ code written on Windows in VC++ and
    >> some code written in C on Linux. The question is - are you going to
    >> compile VC++ code on Linux, OR somehow use already compiled Windows
    >> VC++ code (e.g. using CORBA or some other middleware)?

    > yeah. you are right. iI have written some code in C on linux. And I
    > want to compile VC++ code on linux. Is there any way doing it? If so,
    > how can I bring the linux compatibility for vc++ data types?

    This question is very open ended. What exactly is "VC++ code"?

    Implementing the entire Windows SDK, and working around all the compiler
    extensions is quite a large task. Depends how much of it you have used.

    It is not topical here. 99% of what IS topical, is the bits that will
    cause you no problems at all (i.e., the standard compliant bits that
    will compile on both platforms).

    You're off topic.

    Ben Pope

    Ben Pope, Feb 21, 2006