Eric3 3.5 crashes on file save

Kevin Walzer

Gian Mario Tagliaretti

Kevin said:
Eric3, the PyQt IDE, seems to be buggy on Mac OS X. I'm running the
latest versions of PyQt, Qt, SIP, QScintilla, etc., but the new version
of Eric (3.5), which was just released this month, crashes whenever I
try to save a file. The previous version, 3.4.2, seems more stable.
Anyone else encounter crashes with the new version of Eric, whether it's
on OS X or another system?

I'm using the new release on my gentoo box and everything works fine.
These are my installed versions:

[ebuild U ] dev-python/qscintilla-1.61 [1.60]
[ebuild U ] dev-python/PyQt-3.13 [3.12]
[ebuild U ] dev-python/sip-4.1.1 [4.0.1]
[ebuild U ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.3-r1 [3.3.3]
[ebuild R ] dev-util/eric-3.5.0

If you are not familiar with gentoo, the installed ones are the ones in the
square brackets, hope it helps.

cheers
GMario