error cannot resolve symbol in jdk1.3

adi

Dear Friends,
I am newbie to java programming.I have have two classes named
ReadFile.java and ReadWriteFile.java. Initially when i compile
ReadFile.java it is fine no problem But when i compile ReadWriteFile I
get ERROR as "cannot resolve symbol ReadFile".I am working on jdk1.3
both codes are absolutely perfect no errors and both files are written
in same directory
please anybody give solution for this.And please tell me where i can
download jdk1.0,,jdk1.1and importantly jdk1.2 softwares I have searched
in sun.com and everywhere But please specify me exact path and how to
download.Please help me

bhvijaykumar

Hello adi,
I think the problem is with the classpath
just try this

java -classpath . ReadWriteFile.java

assuming you have both the classes in present dir and used default package
Hope it helps

Vijay

Thomas Weidenfeller

adi said:
Dear Friends,

Please don't use such chum up greetings.
both codes are absolutely perfect no errors and both files are written
in same directory

Experienced programmers will never claim absolute perfection for any
non-trivial piece of code.
please anybody give solution for this.And please tell me where i can
download jdk1.0,,jdk1.1and importantly jdk1.2 softwares I have searched
in sun.com and everywhere But please specify me exact path and how to
download.Please help me

This stuff is so old, it already smells. Sun doesn't provide a public
version of 1.0 any more, and they don't maintain 1.1 and 1.2 any more
(end-of-life status, no bug fixes, no security fixes, etc.).

As for downloading the smelly stuff, use the first drop-down box on

http://java.sun.com/downloads/

Downloads might be a little bit slow these days, since Sun just put out
new 1.3 and 1.4 versions with something like eight security fixes. But
even these are old. You might want to try 1.5 aka 5.0, or even the beta
1.6 aka 6.0.

/Thomas

Roedy Green

Please don't use such chum up greetings.

I notice that people from Italy and India always start posts by saying
"my name is x" sometimes with a bit of background information about
them.

I remember doing business in India and Indonesia. It would be
unthinkable not to become acquainted first. To them, we must seem
rude launching into our problems or the net without any introductions.

One of my peeves is perfunctory thank yous, especially a whole post
containing nothing but a thank-you, but I realise in most cultures
they are required. I figure they should be used sparingly so that
when they come they have meaning.