"Error Creating Control" - "Ambiguous match found"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Craig Jewiss via .NET 247, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Hi

I've created a custom control with two textboxes and fourvalidators (one regular expression, one range, two required). I've overridden the CssClass property to apply a CssClass to thetwo textboxes only. If I apply the CssClass value in the codebehind, it works fine, although it appears to be applying theCssClass to the validators as well. If I enter it directly inthe properties window, it causes the control to switch to "ErrorCreating Control" and shows "Ambiguous match found" as theerror. I can get round this problem by not overriding theCssClass property and creating a new property (e.g. MyCssClass),but I'm not the only user of this control, so I'd like it toconform with other standard controls by using the CssClassproperty. I've also got the same propblem with overriding theEnabled property.

I suspect I'm approaching this requirement from the wrong angle,so any help is much appreciated.

--------------------------------

-----------------------
    Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)

<Id>kVQ9b4K4TUC+/b9xUEzCJw==</Id>
    Craig Jewiss via .NET 247, Apr 26, 2004
    1. Advertising