Error handling with web.config

VMI

I was told that you can add something to web.config so that I can see
any exception that pops out in my web application. In my case, the web
app captures almost every exception but displays a useless, generic
error for all of them. I don't want to modify any of that code, so I
want to add something that wil let me see all the errors (either on
screen or an ascii file) without having to modify any exception
handling code. I need this because the application generates an error
when I use it in the production environment.
Is this possible through web.config? If not, is there another way?

Thanks.

VMI

Thanks for the posts.
I haven't tested it yet because I wanted to make sure that these
examples will display any error messages that are already being
captured by a try...catch. I can't modify any of the
exception-handling code.
For example, if I change something in the connectionStirng (i.e. the
server name) and the user can't connect to it since it doesn't exist,
the application will display the message "Wrong user/password
combination". I cannot change that try...catch code so I need
something that will display the real message without having to modify
anything.

THanks.

VMI ha escrito: