Error Message

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joe Delphi, May 5, 2006.

  1. Joe Delphi

    Joe Delphi Guest

    Hi,

    I am writing an ASP.NET application that connects to a Microsoft
    Access database using the OleDB data controls. I keep getting this error
    message:

    "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\MyDatabase.mdb'.
    It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to
    view its data."

    The database is on my local machine and does not appear to be
    open, so I cannot figure why I am getting this message.

    Can anyone tell me the cause of this message and how to avoid it
    so that I can execute my web app?

    Thanks,
    JD

    Joe Delphi, May 5, 2006

  2. Joe Delphi

    Rajesh CKR Guest

    Does the identity under which the ASP.Net web application is run has
    required permissions on the db folder / file?

    Try giving Network Service user full permissions on the file just to check
    the reason.

    Raj

    Rajesh CKR, May 5, 2006

  3. Joe Delphi

    Joe Delphi Guest

    Thank you for responding.

    The user under which the ASP.NET web application runs has Administrator
    permissions, but I still get the error message. The error message appears
    at run-time when I execute my first Fill command in the PageLoad event
    handler. Is it possible that the system interprets my design time
    connection as another user accessing the same file? Am I supposed to close
    my design time connection before attempting to run the program with F5 ?

    JD

    Joe Delphi, May 5, 2006