    getting a browser error "There was an error sending the
    mail: Could not access 'CDO.Message' Object.
    Any tips, ideas.

    Eli, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Hi

    1.Do you have A SMTP server installed and running?

    2.Try giving your mailroot, under inetpub, the aspnet
    user perrmission to read and write

    Ravikanth[MVP]

    Ravikanth[MVP], Oct 27, 2003

  3. Eli

    Matthew Guest

    I am not familiar with web matrix ide, or the tour you are talking
    about. But your first issue is establishing whether you have the CDO
    libary (DLL) registered on your machine? As far as I know it is not
    part of the .Net framework and the mail functionality it exposes
    requires registration of the dll ( using regsvr.exe ...) I am not sure
    what the dll is called either (think its CDONTS.dll) .Look for it on
    your Windows installation disk.

    Also, to send mail your development machine will need a running SMTP
    server, or you will need to have access to one.

    Hope that helps.

    Matthew, Oct 27, 2003