Error message

Eli

I am a new developer using ASP.net. Trying to follow the
Web Matrix Project Guided Tour. I was doing fine until I
got to the "Sending E-Mail Form". Upon testing, I am
getting a browser error "There was an error sending the
mail: Could not access 'CDO.Message' Object.
Any tips, ideas.

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

1.Do you have A SMTP server installed and running?

2.Try giving your mailroot, under inetpub, the aspnet
user perrmission to read and write

Ravikanth[MVP]

Matthew

I am not familiar with web matrix ide, or the tour you are talking
about. But your first issue is establishing whether you have the CDO
libary (DLL) registered on your machine? As far as I know it is not
part of the .Net framework and the mail functionality it exposes
requires registration of the dll ( using regsvr.exe ...) I am not sure
what the dll is called either (think its CDONTS.dll) .Look for it on
your Windows installation disk.

Also, to send mail your development machine will need a running SMTP
server, or you will need to have access to one.

Hope that helps.