Error on ASP.NET application; Compiler Error Message: CS1595

Kim Nørby Andersen

Hello there

I am lost. i receive the output in the bottom, from a site that runs
excellently on our development server, but dies on the customer. We have had
a first version running at the customer, did some changes, recompiled,
zipped and sent it back to them, but then it screwed up.

As a part of the debugging process, the ASP.NET has been set to run as
SYSTEM, and all folders described in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;318274 and
http://www.winnetmag.com/Articles/ArticleID/24838/pg/2/2.html and then IIS
was reset (iisreset.exe).

The really weird thing is, that I have never seen this happen before. And
have been throwing a lot of ASP.NET apps around :/

If anyone has encountered this before, and has some suggestions, I would be
very grateful!

Yours

Kim

Server Error in '/' Application.
----

Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1595: 'emisdb.front' is defined in multiple
places; using definition from
'c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\bc3d6cf7\6df23cd\assembly\dl2\cd89a388\0a01dda2_9ac4c301\emis.DLL
'

Source Error:

Line 27:
Line 28:
[System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute()]
Line 29: public class front_aspx : emisdb.front,
System.Web.SessionState.IRequiresSessionState {
Line 30:
Line 31:

Source File: c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\bc3d6cf7\6df23cd\cemlgzcq.0.cs Line: 29

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Kim,

Have a look at this:

318274 PRB: "Compiler Error Message: CS1595" Error Message When You Use the
C#
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318274

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
From: "Kim Nørby Andersen" <[email protected]>
Subject: Error on ASP.NET application; Compiler Error Message: CS1595
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:00:26 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -
----

Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1595: 'emisdb.front' is defined in multiple
places; using definition from
'c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\bc3d6cf7\6df23cd\assembly\dl2\cd89a388\0a01dda2_9ac4c301\emis.DL L

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Kim,

My mistake. Poor reading. I see that you have already seen that article.

Let me do some looking and I'll post back soon.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Kim,

A couple of things:

1) Can you please send me the HTML code from your .aspx? You can post it
here if you'd like. What I'm looking for is the content of the Page
directive at the top of the file.

2) Can you run a Filemon log while the problem occurs? Here are
instructions:

* Go to http://www.sysinternals.com and download File Monitor.
* Unzip File Monitor into the directory of your choice.
* Run Filemon.exe to start File Monitor.
* Hit Ctrl-E to stop capturing and then hit Ctrl-X to clear the display.
* Get set up so that you are ready to generate the error. We want the
smallest amount of time to pass between the time that we start capturing
with File Monitor and the time the error occurs.
* Hit Ctrl-E in File Monitor to start capturing.
* Immediately generate the error.
* As soon as the error occurs, switch to File Monitor and hit Ctrl-E to
stop capturing.

Now choose Save on the File menu in File Monitor and send the log to me so
that I can analyze it.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Kim Nørby Andersen

Thanks for the help, Jim

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="front.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
2) Can you run a Filemon log while the problem occurs? Here are
instructions:

Unfortunately I don't have access to the customers server until the
beginning of the new year, since they are situated far from where my company
is located. But I will surely use the File Monitor tool if I get a chance.

I hope you can make some sence out of the page directive - which was
auto-created by VS.NET (2k), and the name of the final dll is emis.dll.

Yours

Kim

[...]

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Kim,

That Page directive looks fine. What I was looking for was a
double-reference.

Filemon will show us if there is some problem accessing the assembly. You
can also use fuslogvw.exe to see where the binding is failing.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)