Error running program in XP

Aaron B. Fox

I have recently created an application with Visual C++ 5.0 that would
allow a user to know what several cryptic named files on a CD were and
select which ones they wanted to load. The program would then open
each of the selected installation files and run them.

I have gotten it compiled in Win32 on a windows 2000 professional
server, and have had it run with no problems. However, when I attempt
to run it on an XP machine I get part of the way through it and get
various dll errors. I even attempted to compile it on the XP machine
and still would get the same dll errors. First of all I'm confused
why I'm getting dll errors because it was statically linked library
(which I assumed ment I didn't need to send dlls with the program).
The first DLL error I was getting was an aclayers.dll message and then
after I compiled it on the XP machine and ran it I'd get an error on
the Kernal32.dll. Version 5.1.2600.1106 offset: 00016b97

Please understand I am new to visual programming and I need quite a
bit of help here. I'm getting pretty frustrated, since I want to be
able to give this to people using XP platforms as well.

Thanks

Aaron B. Fox

Christopher Benson-Manica

Aaron B. Fox said:
Please understand I am new to visual programming and I need quite a
bit of help here. I'm getting pretty frustrated, since I want to be
able to give this to people using XP platforms as well.

(MS newsgroups can give all the help you need.)

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Joe

Maybe this sort of thing shouldn't be classed (xcuse pun) as off-topic. MS
OS's from Win2K up and VC 7.1 are the best there is after all......

Christopher Benson-Manica

Joe said:
Maybe this sort of thing shouldn't be classed (xcuse pun) as off-topic. MS
OS's from Win2K up and VC 7.1 are the best there is after all......

1) Don't top post.
2) It IS off-topic; had you read the welcome message, you'd know why.