Error + Send Mail + ERROR: Failure sending mail.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Don Quijote de Nicaragua, Jun 26, 2008.

  1. Hi, everyone I try to send a simple e-mail witch this Code, but always
    send me a error messages:
    "ERROR: Failure sending mail."
    Thansk You.
    Don Quijote de Nicaragua.
    Elder Soto.

    Dim correo As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage()
    correo.From = New
    System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("")
    correo.To.Add("")
    correo.Subject = "Prueba Hola Mundo" & "Fecha y hora GMT: " &
    _
    DateTime.Now.ToUniversalTime.ToString("dd/MM/
    yyyy HH:mm:ss")
    correo.Body = "Cuerpo"
    correo.IsBodyHtml = False
    correo.Priority = System.Net.Mail.MailPriority.Normal
    Dim smtp As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient
    smtp.Host = "mail.turbonett.com.ni"
    smtp.Credentials = New System.Net.NetworkCredential("myUser",
    "MyPassword")
    smtp.EnableSsl = False
    '
    Try
    smtp.Send(correo)
    Response.Write("Mensaje enviado satisfactoriamente")
    Catch ex As Exception
    Response.Write("ERROR: " & ex.Message)
    End Try

    Don Quijote de Nicaragua, Jun 26, 2008

  2. Don Quijote de Nicaragua

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Don Quijote de Nicaragua wrote on 26-6-2008 :
    > Hi, everyone I try to send a simple e-mail witch this Code, but always
    > send me a error messages:
    > "ERROR: Failure sending mail."
    > Thansk You.
    > Don Quijote de Nicaragua.
    > Elder Soto.

    > Try
    > smtp.Send(correo)
    > Response.Write("Mensaje enviado satisfactoriamente")
    > Catch ex As Exception
    > Response.Write("ERROR: " & ex.Message)
    > End Try

    Instead of only displaying the Message of the "top" exception, try
    digging deeper in the InnerExceptions: there you will find more
    information about the real problem.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jun 26, 2008

  3. Hi, everyone, I try witch two server y appear this message:

    1- First Server (mail.cablenet.com.ni):
    System.Net.Mail.SmtpException {"Transaction failed. The server
    response was: Service unavailable; Client host
    [194.147.intelnet.net.gt] blocked using Barracuda Reputation;
    http://bbl.barracudacentral.com/q.cgi?ip=216.230.147.194"}
    System.Net.Mail.SmtpException

    2- Second Server (mail.turbonett.com.ni):
    Unable to connect to the remote server

    Any ideas is happened?

    Don Quijote de Nicaragua.
    Elder Soto.

    Don Quijote de Nicaragua, Jun 26, 2008
  4. Don Quijote de Nicaragua

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Don Quijote de Nicaragua formulated the question :
    > Hi, everyone, I try witch two server y appear this message:
    >

    > 1- First Server (mail.cablenet.com.ni):
    > System.Net.Mail.SmtpException {"Transaction failed. The server
    > response was: Service unavailable; Client host
    > [194.147.intelnet.net.gt] blocked using Barracuda Reputation;
    > http://bbl.barracudacentral.com/q.cgi?ip=216.230.147.194"}
    > System.Net.Mail.SmtpException

    Apparently there is some "baracuda reputation" checking and actively
    refusing to send your e-mail. Dis you try that link?

    > 2- Second Server (mail.turbonett.com.ni):
    > Unable to connect to the remote server

    Could be anything. Does that server exist? Can it be reached from your
    application? Any more errormessages (inner exceptions maybe)?

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jun 26, 2008
  5. Hans,

    I replied to Don Quijote, in spanish, in the spanish asp.net newsgroup,
    where he posted the same error messages, giving him ample details
    and suggesting he use a reliable smpt server, like Gmail's, for testing.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 26, 2008
  6. Thank You, Juan T. Libre.