"Failure Sending Mail" when using System.Net.Mail and ASP.Net 2.0

HoustonComputerGuy

I am working on getting my web applications moved to .Net 2.0 and am
having some problems with System.Net.Mail. I get the following error
when sending the mail:

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException was unhandled by user code
Message="Failure sending mail."
Source="System"
StackTrace:
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(String from, String
recipients, String subject, String body)
at emailtest.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in ******
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

And the innerexception shows:

"The token supplied to the function is invalid"

My 1.1 application works fine with the settings below. Here is the code
I am using in 2.0:

Dim SmtpClient As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient
SmtpClient.Host = "MAILSERVER"
SmtpClient.DeliveryMethod = Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.Network
SmtpClient.Credentials = New
System.Net.NetworkCredential("username", "pass")
SmtpClient.Send("FROM", "TO", "Test Sub", "test Body")

On my server I am running Kerio mailserver 6.1.1. I require
authentication when sending SMTP. The usernames are in the format of
(e-mail address removed). The SMTP server is on the standard port 25.

I have seen similiar posts on the internet but no resolution. Why would
this work in framework 1.1 and not in 2.0? And since I cannot find any
3rd party componenets for 2.0 yet, I am forced to work through this
issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

HoustonComputerGuy

I hadn't tried that so I just tried using the following in my
web.config. No go though, got the same error. On a side note I can send
through gmail's smtp service using their alternate port and SSL.
Although in my cirumstance I am just trying to send a regular email
using authentication.

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp deliveryMethod="network" from="(e-mail address removed)">
<network
host="localhost"
password="****"
userName="(e-mail address removed)"
port="25"
/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Any solution yet?

I'm having the same problem when I set my smpt server to require authentication, my code does not return any exemptions but no email will go???? p.s. I can use outlook (not outlook express) on the same machine I'm testing on and it works. i check the SPA on the outlook account , outlook express does not work :((( i'm starting to pull my hair on this one, please help!
thanks