Contact us form SMTP mail sending error..

satam.aniruddha

Hi,

I have an c# application which is used to send mail in contact us form.
When i run the application on localhost it work perfectally, but when i tryto run in via hosting the application on server it gives the below error :

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connectionor the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, String from) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at quote.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

i tried different methods but did not work.

Please can anybody provide a solution for this.

Arne Vajhøj

[...]

The error message is rather clear.

"The SMTP server requires a secure
connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response
was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required."

You need to authenticate to the SMTP server.

Arne

satam.aniruddha

[...]

Hi Arne,

I am new to this.
I would be great if you can guide me for resolving this,
i.e authenticating the SMTP Server

Arne Vajhøj

I am new to this.
I would be great if you can guide me for resolving this,
i.e authenticating the SMTP Server

The SmtpClient class has a Credentials property for this
purpose.

Arne

tukaramchaudhari