Error using smartnavigation????

Bobby

Hi all...

I rather confuse using smartnavigation in my web application because if I
set the "smartnavigation = true" then If I run my app, then after I post
page that page, using event dropdownlist1_selectedIndexChanged then the page
would't get the css, and then the IE will generate error confirmation
dialog, then my browser will be closed.

I'm using iframe for my app, 2 frame -> top frame and content frame.
I use smartnavigation for the content, and It generate error.

If there anyone that know the solution for this problem? so I can use
smartnavigation without error.
I'm guess that It become an error because of the frame,
It's that true?

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]

Bobby,
I have found SmartNavigation to be buggy. I tried using it in my EZWeb
framework (workspaces.gotdotnet.com/ezweb), and it causes my webforms not to
work. I turned it off, and everything was fine. Now I don't trust it.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

TJS

I use pages without frames and still had problems with smartnavigation

I don't believe it works as intended, and there is no adequate tutorial
that ever explained how it should work.

Bobby

So my conclusion is not to use SmartNavigation.
Because this feature isn't smart enough. :)

Trevor Benedict R

I am using SmartNavigation, it works like a charm. No problems so far.
This is within a Frame.

Setup
-----
Client - Any version of Windows W/ IE 5.5 or above
Server - Windows 2000 + .NET Framework 1.1

I think the SmartNavigation code was updated in Ver 1.1. NOt sure about
this though. Can someone else confirm on this.

But after using this I had to make some code change to client side
scripts. to use document.all("...") instead of formname.controlname...

What is your Setup?

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD