Error with Rake

Jeremy Heiler

I receive this error when running a rake command:

$ rake db:migrate
(in /Users/jeremy/rails/depot)
dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.
15.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib/
mysql.bundle
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I'm working with the book "Agile Web Development with Rails" and even
though it discusses many possible errors, none of them relate to this
one. Also, my database.yml file seems to be correct so I don't think
that's the problem.

Sascha Kay

Hi Jeremy (and all others experiencing the same problems),

I found the following solution to this problem:

Fire up the Terminal then type
cd /usr/local/mysql/lib
sudo mkdir mysql Password: *************
cd mysql/
sudo ln -s ../libmysqlclient.15.0.0.dylib libmysqlclient.15.0.0.dylib
sudo ln -s ../libmysqlclient.15.0.0.dylib libmysqlclient.15.dylib
sudo ln -s ../libmysqlclient.15.0.0.dylib libmysqlclient.dylib

This will create some symbolic links from the expected location of these
files to the current location.

Inspired by
http://blog.calganx.net/2007/05/20/apache-2-php-5-und-mysql-5-fr-macos-x/

This seems to be related to a change in the directory structure of the
current mysql releases?! But I did not investigate any further.

greetings

Sascha