Escape Character & and #

Bilal

Hi,
Does anyone know the escape character for & and # like in :
Update GDO_INFO_ER set V_COMMENTAIRE='B&A' where V_USERMODIFICATION='bilal123'
or
Update GDO_INFO_ER set V_COMMENTAIRE='B#A' where V_USERMODIFICATION='bilal123'
I would like to insert & and # literally in the table.
I appreciate any help or suggestion.
Thanks oyu
Bils

Marian Heddesheimer

Hi,
Does anyone know the escape character for & and # like in :

echo htmlspecialchars('&') . "<br>";
echo htmlspecialchars('#') . "<br>";

will give you this html-source:

&amp;<br>#<br>

Regards

Marian

Michael Austin

Bilal said:
Hi,
Does anyone know the escape character for & and # like in :
Update GDO_INFO_ER set V_COMMENTAIRE='B&A' where V_USERMODIFICATION='bilal123'
or
Update GDO_INFO_ER set V_COMMENTAIRE='B#A' where V_USERMODIFICATION='bilal123'
I would like to insert & and # literally in the table.
I appreciate any help or suggestion.
Thanks oyu
Bils

I am guessing you are trying to get this from a form and insert/update a
MySQL database?

mysql> insert into x values ('B#H&C');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.07 sec)

mysql> select * from x;
+-------+
| y |
+-------+
| B#H&C |
+-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The problem is getting it from the form - through PHP to the database...
My testing is successful. what errors do you get?

Code segment that does the insert from the page.. basically takes an SQL
statement from the page and executes it...

$link = mysql_connect('localhost', $USR, $PWD);
if( $link ) {
mysql_select_db( $DB, $link );
if( $sql ) {
$sql = ereg_replace( ";$", "", $sql );
$sql = ereg_replace( "\\\\", "", $sql );
$result = mysql_query( $sql, $link );
.... code for display results of query here
}

form:

<form action="<?=$PHP_SELF?>" method="post">
Enter a SQL statement:
<input type="text" name="sql" size="25" />
<input type="submit" />
</form>

Michael Austin.