event handler in VS 2005 designer

Hong

Hi,

I am trying to wire an event handler to ASP.NET control event in VS
2005 designer view for an aspx page. When I double click on the event
in the Property box, the event handler is added to the top part of
apsx file instead of the code behind cs file. How can I config VS 2005
so that it will add the event hanlder to cs file?

Thanks!
hshen

mike

Hi,

I am trying to wire an event handler to ASP.NET control event in VS
2005 designer view for an aspx page. When I double click on the event
in the Property box, the event handler is added to the top part of
apsx file instead of the code behind cs file. How can I config VS 2005
so that it will add the event hanlder to cs file?

Thanks!
hshen

when you start a new page, you have the option (checkbox at bottom of
dialog) to place code in a seperate file and also an option to choose
which language you would like to use. make sure you choose to place
code in seperate file to create the .cs file

Hong

when you start a new page, you have the option (checkbox at bottom of
dialog) to place code in a seperate file and also an option to choose
which language you would like to use. make sure you choose to place
code in seperate file to create the .cs file

Thanks for your reply. The issue is that I have a lot of pages
upgraded from VS 2003. They are already there.