    The problem is it will not tell me which line of the code caused this
    error. Sometimes it is really hard to identify the place where the
    code fails. Is there any way to add line number to warnings like this?
    john, Aug 27, 2008

  2. john

    bruce barker Guest

    compile with debug (this will compile in the line numbers), but do not set
    debug on in the web.config (as this effects asp.net performance).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Aug 27, 2008

  3. john

    john Guest

    On Aug 27, 11:18 am, bruce barker
    <> wrote:
    > compile with debug (this will compile in the line numbers), but do not set
    > debug on in the web.config (as this effects asp.net performance).
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >

    > "john" wrote:
    > > I am getting warning events like
    > > Process information:
    > >     Process ID: 2764
    > >     Process name: w3wp.exe
    > >     Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

    > > Exception information:
    > >     Exception type: InvalidCastException
    > >     Exception message: Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is
    > > not valid.

    > > The problem is it will not tell me which line of the code caused this
    > > error.  Sometimes it is really hard to identify the place where the
    > > code fails.  Is there any way to add line number to warnings like this?- Hide quoted text -

    I cannot do it. I am getting this error only in production. In
    development I cannot recreate it.
    john, Aug 27, 2008
  4. john

    bruce barker Guest

    then follow my directions. compile the production site with debug (which adds
    line number support), but don't set debug in the web.config

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Aug 27, 2008
  5. john

    john Guest

    On Aug 27, 1:31 pm, bruce barker
    <> wrote:
    > then follow my directions. compile the production site with debug (which adds
    > line number support), but don't set debug in the web.config
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >

    > "john" wrote:
    > > On Aug 27, 11:18 am, bruce barker
    > > <> wrote:
    > > > compile with debug (this will compile in the line numbers), but do not set
    > > > debug on in the web.config (as this effects asp.net performance).

    > > > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    > > I cannot do it.  I am getting this error only in production.  In
    > > development I cannot recreate it.- Hide quoted text -

    I tested it, seems like this is exactly what I was looking for.
    Thanks,
    john, Aug 27, 2008
  6. You can get the PDBs without debug compile, if that is what you are aiming
    at.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Aug 28, 2008