    be hard) send or post a simple example of doing this?

    TIA,
    Adam
    Charter, Sep 20, 2005

  2. Charter

    Guest

    On 2005-09-20, Charter <> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am new to Javamail. I was working on a project in C++ under MS Windows
    > (I know, boo) and decided to switch to Java. Most things are going well,
    > except the mail part. I need to send and receive E-Mail with POP3 and SMTP
    > running on SSL. I need to use authorization and alternate port numbers. It
    > should be simple, but I don't seem to be able to figure it out. Could
    > someone out there that knows a lot more than me about Javamail (that won't
    > be hard) send or post a simple example of doing this?

    Examples that have worked for me in the past.

    http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/JavaMail/contents.html

    No so much.

    http://www.jguru.com/faq/JavaMail

    Never did SSL. Let me know.

    --
    Alan Gutierrez -
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html

  3. Charter

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:29:40 -0400, "Charter" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    > E-Mail with POP3 and SMTP
    >running on SSL.

    I put Java Mail and SSL into google. This popped out

    http://www.javaworld.com/javatips/jw-javatip115.html

    also Sandy McArthur's page http://sandy.mcarthur.org/Java/JavaMailSSO

    There is something a little goofy about using SSL to get your mail to
    the server then travelling all the rest of the way unencrypted.
    Perhaps you want to look into S/MIME for end to end encryption.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Sep 20, 2005