Excel - Access Denied

Guest

Hello, I am using a generic AD Domain Account to create an excel spreadsheet,
but I am getting an "Access Denied" error when I attempt to instatiate the
excel object. The generic account does is set up in such a way that I can
not log on to the server with the account but it is a valid account as I have
used it in other applications. The code works perfectly fine when I use my
own account ID and password. So there is something about this account in
relationship to excel which is not set up correctly. I seem to remember that
I got an error on my own account on the server if I had never started excel
under my own account, but I do not recall what the error was. Since I can
not log on with this generic account, what would I need to do to prep the
account for the generic account (assuming that this is what the error is)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Guest

When Excel is run for the first time it installs some settings for you. I
assume this would be stored in the Application Data folder of the user
profile on the server...

C:\Documents & Settings\user\Application Data

But there may be some registry settings that get written for the CurrentUser
as well.

A start if you don't want to log on with the user may be to copy the
contents of the Application Data folder for a user that has logged on in the
past across to the new user that can't log on.

Hope that this helps to point you in the right direction, let me know how
you get on.