Exception in configuration section handler.

Ollie Riches

I am trying to configure trace listeners in my web config file for an
asp.net web service , but I seem
to be having a problem. I'm hoping someone will be able to spot what I'm
doing wrong...

It comes up with an error 'Exception in configuration section handler'

Line 38: </businessStream>
Line 39:
Line 40: <system.diagnostics>
Line 41: <switches>
Line 42: <add name="MainSwitch" value="4"/>

<system.diagnostics>
<switches>
<add name="MainSwitch" value="4"/>
</switches>
<trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4">
<listeners>
<add name="myListenere" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
initializeData="c:\myListener.log" />
</listeners>
</trace>
</system.diagnostics>

<system.web>
<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="false" />
<trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="true"
traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />
<authentication mode="Windows" />
<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>
<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false" timeout="20" />
<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />
</system.web>

Cheers

Ollie Riches
http://www.phoneanalyser.net

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a programmer
helping programmers.

Ollie Riches

got it working....

You have to place the <system.diagnostics> tage after the <system.web> tag

Ollie

Ollie Riches

I also had to grant permissions for the 'NETWORK SERVICE' account to write
to the location question

Ollie