Parser Error Message: Exception in configuration section handler.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ramanfromoz@gmail.com, May 16, 2005.

    Developing a new we application. Everything okay on my local WIN XP
    PROFESSIONAL, IIS 5.0 running locally. The website is running smoothly.

    Now, the same code I am copying over to a WINDOWS 2003 SERVER, I
    created a new website, allocated port number 6000. Created a release
    version on my local machine and copied the WEB project from my local to
    http://ACTYD003:6000

    As soon as I run website on this new server I get the following error

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Configuration Error
    file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
    details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Exception in configuration section handler.

    Source Error:

    Line 19: </commonservices.navigationcontrol.controller>
    Line 20:
    Line 21: <commonservices.navigationcontrol.httphandler>
    Line 22: <security
    principalFactory="CommonServices.Security.PrincipalFactory,
    CommonServices.Security" />
    Line 23: <userState
    stateManager="CommonServices.StateManagement.StateManagerInstance,
    CommonServices.StateManagement" />

    Source File: D:\inetpub\GTTP\web.config Line: 21

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
    ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.1085

    When the whole website runs perfectly on a XP PROFESSIONAL machine.

    What am I doing wrong here? I have spent a whole day scratching my
    head.

    Any help would be appreciated, but please remember this code works just
    fine on a local xp professioal machine with the IIS server runnning
    locally only the problem comes when I want to host the website on
    WINDOWS 2003 server running IIS 6.0.

    Following is my web. config file.

    Cheers!

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
    <configSections>
    <section name="commonservices.exceptionmanagement"
    type="CommonServices.ExceptionManagement.Configuration.ExceptionManagementSectionHandler,
    CommonServices.ExceptionManagement" />
    <section name="commonservices.messaging"
    type="CommonServices.Messaging.Configuration.MessagingSectionHandler,
    CommonServices.Messaging"/>
    <section name="commonservices.navigationcontrol.controller"
    type="CommonServices.NavigationControl.Configuration.ControllerSectionHandler,
    CommonServices.NavigationControl"/>
    <section name="commonservices.navigationcontrol.httphandler"
    type="CommonServices.NavigationControl.Configuration.ControllerHttpHandlerSectionHandler,
    CommonServices.NavigationControl" />
    <section name="commonservices.dataaccess"
    type="CommonServices.DataAccess.Configuration.DataAccessSectionHandler,
    CommonServices.DataAccess" />
    <section name="commonservices.security"
    type="CommonServices.Security.Configuration.SecuritySectionHandler,
    CommonServices.Security" />
    <section name="smartcustomcontrols"
    type="SmartCustomControls.SmartCustomControlsSectionHandler,
    SmartCustomControls" />
    </configSections>

    <commonservices.navigationcontrol.controller>
    <security
    principalFactory="CommonServices.Security.PrincipalFactory,
    CommonServices.Security" />
    <logging
    exceptionManager="CommonServices.ExceptionManagement.ExceptionManager,
    CommonServices.ExceptionManagement" />
    <userState
    stateManager="CommonServices.StateManagement.StateManagerInstance,
    CommonServices.StateManagement" />
    <debug sendXml="false" />
    <stateMachine file="StateMachine.config" />
    </commonservices.navigationcontrol.controller>

    <commonservices.navigationcontrol.httphandler>
    <security
    principalFactory="CommonServices.Security.PrincipalFactory,
    CommonServices.Security" />
    <userState
    stateManager="CommonServices.StateManagement.StateManagerInstance,
    CommonServices.StateManagement" />
    </commonservices.navigationcontrol.httphandler>

    <commonservices.messaging>
    <messageTypes default="noreader">
    <messageType name="noreader"
    replacer="CommonServices.Messaging.MessageReplacer,
    CommonServices.Messaging" message="CommonServices.Messaging.Message,
    CommonServices.Messaging" />
    </messageTypes>
    </commonservices.messaging>

    <commonservices.exceptionmanagement>
    <publisherGroups default="GTTP">
    <publisherGroup name="GTTP">
    <additionalInformation>
    <add key="ApplicationVersion" value="1.0" />
    <add key="ApplicationName" value="GTTP" />
    </additionalInformation>
    <publisher
    type="CommonServices.ExceptionManagement.DefaultPublisher,
    CommonServices.ExceptionManagement" logName="Application"
    eventSource="GTTP" />
    <publisher
    type="CommonServices.ExceptionManagement.FilePublisher,
    CommonServices.ExceptionManagement" filename="C:\GTTP.exception.log" />
    </publisherGroup>
    </publisherGroups>
    </commonservices.exceptionmanagement>

    <commonservices.dataaccess>
    <databases
    errorHandler="CommonServices.DataAccess.SimpleDataAccessErrorHandler,
    CommonServices.DataAccess">
    <database connectionKey="GTTPDB" commandTimeout="0"
    errorHandler="CommonServices.DataAccess.SimpleDataAccessErrorHandler,
    CommonServices.DataAccess" connectionString="Server=ACTYD003;Initial
    Catalog=GroupTraining;User Id=<HIDDEN>;Password=<HIDDEN>;Network
    Library=dbmssocn" />
    </databases>
    </commonservices.dataaccess>

    <commonservices.security>
    <applications default="GTTP"
    remoteServices="http://acapt008/UserDirectory.RemoteServices">
    <application name="GTTP" directoryName="GTTP" />
    </applications>
    </commonservices.security>

    <smartcustomcontrols>
    <customSettings
    type="GTTP.Common.SmartCustomControlsCustomSettings, GTTP.Common"
    jscriptSrcUrl="JavaScript/SmartCustomControls.js" />
    <state type="GTTP.Common.SmartCustomControlsState, GTTP.Common" />
    <toolTips type="GTTP.Common.SmartCustomControlsToolTips,
    GTTP.Common" designTimeTableName="tblToolTips"
    designTimeConnectionString="" />
    <message type="GTTP.Common.SmartCustomControlsMessage, GTTP.Common"
    />
    </smartcustomcontrols>

    <system.web>
    <identity impersonate="true" />
    <!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION
    Set compilation debug="true" to enable ASPX debugging.
    Otherwise, setting this value to
    false will improve runtime performance of this application.
    Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols
    (.pdb information)
    into the compiled page. Because this creates a larger file
    that executes
    more slowly, you should set this value to true only when
    debugging and to
    false at all other times. For more information, refer to the
    documentation about
    debugging ASP .NET files.
    -->
    <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" />
    <!-- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES
    Set customError mode values to control the display of
    user-friendly
    error messages to users instead of error details (including a
    stack trace):

    "On" Always display custom (friendly) messages
    "Off" Always display detailed ASP.NET error information.
    "RemoteOnly" Display custom (friendly) messages only to users
    not running
    on the local Web server. This setting is recommended for
    security purposes, so
    that you do not display application detail information to
    remote clients.
    -->
    <customErrors mode="Off" />
    <!-- AUTHENTICATION
    This section sets the authentication policies of the
    application. Possible modes are "Windows", "Forms",
    "Passport" and "None"
    -->
    <authentication mode="None" />
    <!-- APPLICATION-LEVEL TRACE LOGGING
    Application-level tracing enables trace log output for every
    page within an application.
    Set trace enabled="true" to enable application trace logging.
    If pageOutput="true", the
    trace information will be displayed at the bottom of each
    page. Otherwise, you can view the
    application trace log by browsing the "trace.axd" page from
    your web application
    root.
    -->
    <trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false"
    traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />
    <!-- SESSION STATE SETTINGS
    By default ASP .NET uses cookies to identify which requests
    belong to a particular session.
    If cookies are not available, a session can be tracked by
    adding a session identifier to the URL.
    To disable cookies, set sessionState cookieless="true".
    -->
    <sessionState mode="InProc"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data
    source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password=" cookieless="false" timeout="20"
    />
    <!-- GLOBALIZATION
    This section sets the globalization settings of the
    application.
    -->
    <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />
    <httpHandlers>
    <add verb="*" path="Controller.aspx"
    type="CommonServices.NavigationControl.HttpHandler.ControllerHttpHandler,
    CommonServices.NavigationControl"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    <!--
    <httpModules>
    <add name="BasicAuthenticationModule"
    type="CommonServices.Security.Web.BasicAuthenticationHandler,CommonServices.Security"
    />
    </httpModules>
    -->
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
    , May 16, 2005

    Okay, Solved!!!

    Uninstalling the front page server extension did the trick.

    Thanks
    , May 16, 2005