Weird security configuration message

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Big Daddy, Aug 20, 2010.

  1. Big Daddy

    Big Daddy Guest

    Recently something has gone wrong with our website so that whenever
    you try to access an aspx file, it shows the following error:

    Server Error in '/RALSWeb' Application.
    Configuration Error
    configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
    specific error details below and modify your configuration file
    appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'RalsWeb'.

    Source Error:

    Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/

    Line 257: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/

    Line 258: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 259: </assemblies>
    Line 260:

    Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config
    \machine.config Line: 258

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to
    determine why the assembly 'RalsWeb' could not be loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = RalsWeb
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/MAS/RALSWeb
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
    custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: RalsWeb
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary
    ASP.NET Files/ralsweb/2c471b81/1573bc63/RalsWeb.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary
    ASP.NET Files/ralsweb/2c471b81/1573bc63/RalsWeb/RalsWeb.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/MAS/RALSWeb/bin/RalsWeb.DLL.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
    custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: RalsWeb, Version=4.3.13.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2443;
    ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2460

    There’s a security configuration problem with the main DLL in our
    application (RalsWeb). I have read a bunch of suggestions on the web
    to fix the problem and have tried everything without any luck:

    Verify that the indexing service is not running
    Rebooting the server
    Recycling the IIS app pool
    Restarting IIS
    Running aspnet_regiis –i
    Deleting the app’s folder under C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    \v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files
    Giving full control to the “everyone” computer account for the folder
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

    IIS can serve up non-asp files just fine. The OS is Windows server
    2003. When I delete my app’s folder under “C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
    \Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files” and then try to access
    the site, it creates a new temporary folder there for my app but
    doesn’t copy in the DLL. I tried creating another website on the same
    box and it has the same problem.

    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,

    John

    Big Daddy, Aug 20, 2010

  2. Big Daddy

    Rajeev Gopal Guest

    Did you try googling?

    Rajeev Gopal, Aug 20, 2010

  3. Big Daddy

    Big Daddy Guest

    On Aug 20, 5:50 am, Rajeev Gopal <> wrote:
    > Did you try googling?

    yes, I found many pages with people having the same problem, but none
    of the possible solutions have helped.

    Big Daddy, Aug 20, 2010
  4. Big Daddy

    Brian Cryer Guest

    On 20/08/2010 04:44, Big Daddy wrote:
> [...]

    > to fix the problem and have tried everything without any luck:
    >
    > Verify that the indexing service is not running
    > Rebooting the server
    > Recycling the IIS app pool
    > Restarting IIS
    > Running aspnet_regiis –i
    > Deleting the app’s folder under C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    > \v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files
    > Giving full control to the “everyone” computer account for the folder
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files
    >
    > IIS can serve up non-asp files just fine. The OS is Windows server
    > 2003. When I delete my app’s folder under “C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
    > \Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files” and then try to access
    > the site, it creates a new temporary folder there for my app but
    > doesn’t copy in the DLL. I tried creating another website on the same

    Try a reboot. I've seen similar errors when an update to .net has been
    downloaded and installed but the box not rebooted.

    Failing that, I suggest downloading "Process Monitor" and use it to see
    if you can identify which file(s) you are getting the access denied
    error on as that error typically indicates a permissions problem.

    You can download process monitor from hre:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Brian Cryer