    boss is getting angry !
    Any tips?
    Thanks

    Gianni, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Gianni

    Wendy S Guest

    "Gianni" <> wrote:
    > Something really strange happen in my application
    > run by Orion Application Server.
    > Sometimes ( not always !) it happens that when 2 users
    > do a query in the same time the user A get the data user B asked for
    > and viceversa.
    > I pass data with : request.setAttribute("tabledata", tabdata);

    How and where do you define tabdata? Is this a Servlet? Do you have
    variables defined outside the doGet (or doPost) methods, at the class level?

    I've never heard of Orion, does it have a user community you can check with
    to make sure this isn't a known issue? Maybe it's a bug with the container.

    --
    Wendy

    Wendy S, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Gianni

    Peter Kirk Guest

    "Gianni" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Something really strange happen in my application
    > run by Orion Application Server.
    > Sometimes ( not always !) it happens that when 2 users
    > do a query in the same time the user A get the data user B asked for
    > and viceversa.
    > I pass data with :
    > request.setAttribute("tabledata", tabdata);
    > No idea where the error is but what I know my
    > boss is getting angry !

    It depends a lot on how you generate and return your data. Maybe you have a
    servlet which generates some data and stores it temporarily in an instance
    variable before returning it to the user.

    Then it's possible:
    user A requests some data
    user B requests some data
    the servlet generates the data for user A and stores it
    the servlet generates the data for user B and stores it (overwriting the
    previous data)
    the servlet returns the data to user A (which was actually generated for
    user B)
    the servlet returns the data to user B

    and all sorts of variations of the above.

    Peter Kirk, Jan 11, 2005