Exchanging results

Gianni

Something really strange happen in my application
run by Orion Application Server.
Sometimes ( not always !) it happens that when 2 users
do a query in the same time the user A get the data user B asked for
and viceversa.
I pass data with :
request.setAttribute("tabledata", tabdata);
No idea where the error is but what I know my
boss is getting angry !
Any tips?
Thanks

Wendy S

Gianni said:
Something really strange happen in my application
run by Orion Application Server.
Sometimes ( not always !) it happens that when 2 users
do a query in the same time the user A get the data user B asked for
and viceversa.
I pass data with : request.setAttribute("tabledata", tabdata);

How and where do you define tabdata? Is this a Servlet? Do you have
variables defined outside the doGet (or doPost) methods, at the class level?

I've never heard of Orion, does it have a user community you can check with
to make sure this isn't a known issue? Maybe it's a bug with the container.

Peter Kirk

Gianni said:
Something really strange happen in my application
run by Orion Application Server.
Sometimes ( not always !) it happens that when 2 users
do a query in the same time the user A get the data user B asked for
and viceversa.
I pass data with :
request.setAttribute("tabledata", tabdata);
No idea where the error is but what I know my
boss is getting angry !

It depends a lot on how you generate and return your data. Maybe you have a
servlet which generates some data and stores it temporarily in an instance
variable before returning it to the user.

Then it's possible:
user A requests some data
user B requests some data
the servlet generates the data for user A and stores it
the servlet generates the data for user B and stores it (overwriting the
previous data)
the servlet returns the data to user A (which was actually generated for
user B)
the servlet returns the data to user B

and all sorts of variations of the above.