Execute a CodeBehind function from a javascript

G

Here is my problem. I have a delete record button. I want to prompt the user "Do you really want to delete?". If the user clicks 'OK' then I want to execute the CodeBehind on the server side to accomplish this. How do I do this

I think the HtmlButton is probably the desired method. But, how do I get the client side javascript to execute the desired (when needed) the server side codebehind function?

G

Michael

You can do this by attatching an attribute to your server side button

In your code behind(Page_Load method)

btnDelete.Attributes.Add("onclick", "return alert('Do you really want to delete?')")

Suresh

----- Michael SL wrote: ----

Here is my problem. I have a delete record button. I want to prompt the user "Do you really want to delete?". If the user clicks 'OK' then I want to execute the CodeBehind on the server side to accomplish this. How do I do this

I think the HtmlButton is probably the desired method. But, how do I get the client side javascript to execute the desired (when needed) the server side codebehind function?

Ask a Question