ExecuteXmlReader -> typed XML data into SOAP?

O Lindfeldt

Hi! I have a web-service for invoices and a submit method (something)
like this, in VB.Net.

<WebMethod()> _
Public Function SubmitInvoice(ByVal oMyInvoice As CInvoice) As String

The invoice contains a header, and an array of "CDetailRow"-objects.

I have two question about this sollution:

1. When I want to make the WS-call from another .NET system - I would
really like to 'stream' or just dump a large block of XML data (that
is - not a actual String object - but an already serialized CInvoice
object!) into this method - rather than filling up the memory with
overweight and stateful CInvoice objects.
(yeah I know -- .NET objects is quite fast, compared to VB6/COM, but
we need to be optimal this time).
So, how would I go about if I want to do a SqlCommand.ExecuteXmlReader
to get the XML, then pump the data in to this Webmethod?
(Please don't tell me to use a generic Xml.XmlNode [that likes
porn.xml as much as invoice.xml] or String in the WebMethod, I already
know this is possible but we don't want that. Sorry.)
(My dream here is to use a "XSD-typed XmlNode" that accepts raw XML
and that actually is layed out like nice XML in the SOAP-msg plus
gives us a proper and typed WSDL file... or such..)

2. If I want to expose this to another platform. Let's say something
built in Java or Domino - can they easily make the call using XML -
without them having to bother about how my .NET objects like to be
serialized, or for me to get worried about them getting angry on me
because i don't follow the W3C standards?

Any comment that could shed light on this is appreciated.
Stupid comments like "hey! you can always use a String" is not
required at this stage in our project.

O. Lindfeldt