executing python scripts within wx frames

Astan Chee

Hi,
I'm trying to make one of those frames thats similar to the wx python
demo where a folder is filled with demo wx python scripts and there is
one main script that opens the other ones in as different items in a
tree/notebook.
I've gotten most of it figured out except the part where the scripts are
executed in a wx frame. The difference between what I'm trying to do and
the wx python demo one is that mine are generic scripts that output the
results to std out/error (or whatever gets displayed in IDLE). Does
anyone know how I can do this? Simulate a IDLE or python shell in one of
the frames thats basically the output of whatever script has been
selected to run?
It would be better if the solution was platform independent too.
Thanks for any suggestions