Execution of <%# ... %> blocks in 1.1 vs 2.0

Achim Domma

Hi,

I have an ASCX control which himself contains other ASCX controls. The
main control is used in a Asp.Net 1.1 application and works fine. The
control is also used in a sharepoint web part which runs under Asp.Net
2.0. In that case, some <%# ... %> blocks are not executed!? If I make
syntax errors in these blocks, I get a compilation error. But the code
is never executed!?

Does anybody know any differences regarding these blocks in 1.1 and 2.0?
Any hint what might be wrong? Or could somebody tell me when these
blocks are executed at all?

Any idea is very welcome!

regards,
Achim

Eliyahu Goldin

<%# ... %> blocks execute during the page's rendering phase. They are
essentially shortcuts for Report.Write method. There should not be any
difference between 1.1 and 2.0.