.net 1.1 vs 2.0

ScottSZ

Are there any issues with loading VS 2005 alongside VS 2003?

I have several existing 1.1 apps, could I update the framework on the
server to 2.0 and continue to develop existing apps in VS 2003 while
doing new dev in VS 2005? More specifically, are there issues w/
running a VS 2003 app on the 2.0 framework?

Thanks..

-Scott

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Are there any issues with loading VS 2005 alongside VS 2003?

None except that you should install 2003 before you install 2005.

re:
are there issues w/ running a VS 2003 app on the 2.0 framework?

You should be running VS 2003 apps on the 1.1 Framework.
You *can* run both the 1.1 Framework *and* the 2.0 Framework side-by-side.

All you have to do is target the Framework you want any app to run under,
by selecting the appropiate Framework in the ASP.NET tab of the application's
properties in the IIS Manager.

Eliyahu Goldin

Let's put it the following way. In most cases there shouldn't be any issues.
If your 2003 app does stop working (as my app did), come back to this forum.