Login.aspx 1.1 vs 2.0

Guest

We have several ASPX 1.1 web applications that reference a Login.aspx page.
Now groups and roles have been added to .NET 2.0. And we now have the new
Visual Studio 2005. I am guessing that with the differences between the two
..NET versions that a 2.0 web app cannot reference a 1.1 Login.aspx page and
vice versa. Right or wrong?

Even if it could I think the new 2.0 web apps we would want to take
advantage of roles and use a 2.0 Login.aspx page. So I guess what we would
really like to do is to get all those 1.1 apps with as little tinkering as
possible to recognize the login of a 2.0 Login.aspx page.

Is that doable, or are we just looking at bringing every one of our old apps
up to 2.0 to get the benefits we need? And how smoothly has that gone for
anyone?

Thanks!